Concepts represent early planning stages for program announcements, requests for applications, or solicitations for Council's input. If NIAID publishes an initiative from one of these concepts, we link to it below. To find initiatives, go to Opportunities & Announcements.
NB: Council approval does not guarantee that a concept will become an initiative.
Fiscal Year 2021 Concepts
- Harnessing Natural Killer (NK) Cells To Prevent, Control, or Eradicate HIV
- Novel Therapeutics Directed to Intracellular HIV Targets
- Long-Acting Treatments for HIV and HIV-Associated Co-Infections
- Transgender People: Immunity, Prevention and Treatment
- Engineering Immunity Through Vaccines
- Integrated Preclinical/Clinical AIDS Vaccine Development Program (IPCAVD)
- Preclinical and Translational Vaccine Development Support for HIV and Other Candidate Agents