As you may be aware, the Cross-Network TB Vaccine Working Group (TB Vaccine WG) Leadership are in the process of planning a multiday virtual meeting to develop a TB vaccine roadmap research for people living with HIV (PLWHIV), which will outline the current TB vaccine landscape and determine where TB vaccine research is headed. The meeting will be held in partnership with NIH/DAIDS. Attendees will include representatives from various organizations including members of the Cross-Network TB Vaccine Working Group, representatives from the WHO, stringent and local regulators (FDA, EMA, SA), vaccine manufacturers and community members. The TB Vaccine WG Leadership includes Gavin Churchyard (ACTG), Amita Gupta (IMPAACT) and Jim Kublin (HVTN). The objective is to have an established TB vaccine roadmap for PLWH by the end of the first quarter in 2021.
The virtual meeting is to take place over the span of six 2-hour sessions, 1 session a week, in January – February 2021. We are sending out this Save the Date for the following session dates:
- Session 1 – Purpose of Meeting and Relevant Epidemiology: Friday, January 22nd 9-11 am EST
- Session 2 – TB Landscape for PLWHIV: Tuesday, January 26th 9-11 am EST
- Session 3 – Preclinical and Experimental Medicine: Monday, February 1st 12-2 pm EST
- Session 4 – Pediatric Populations and Lab Components: Monday, February 8th 11 am – 1 pm EST
- Session 5 – Indications and Clinical Trial Designs: Wednesday, February 17th 9 - 11 am EST
Session 6 – Consensus Statement and Recommendations: Wednesday, February 24th 11 am – 1 pm EST
Please mark your calendars for the dates above. A final agenda will provided in the near future.
Austin Leah Van Grack, MPH, PMP
Committee Coordinator II | AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG) Network Coordinating Center