The Clinical Core provides infrastructure support for investigators conducting clinical and basic science research related to HIV infection and its associated opportunistic infections. Core services, education, and community engagement programs are designed to facilitate clinical and translational research across Harvard and affiliated international sites.
Cohorts: Search the HU CFAR HIV Clinical Cohort Catalogue
Support: The Clinical Core provides key infrastructure for a number of studies led by HU CFAR investigators. Clinical research staff are involved in investigator-initiated HIV clinical trials with the ability to assist HU CFAR investigators. Please contact the Clinical Core Liaison for any questions related to accessing these services at the following locations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH)
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH)
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC)
- Lemuel Shattuck Hospital (LSH)
- Fenway Health (FH)
- Boston Children's Hospital (BHC)
- Specimens: The Clinical Core provides access to data and biological specimens from various translational clinical cohorts via the specimen repository.
- Education: The Clinical Core supports online training programs in HIV clinical research through the following programs:
Community Engagement: The Clinical Core partners with a variety of organizations to create innovative community education events that increase awareness of HIV clinical trials in underrepresented populations such as women and communities of color.
National Week of Prayer for Healing of AIDS
- National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day events
- Black Ministerial Alliance of Greater Boston
- Annual National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- Latino Commission on AIDS